This qualification is delivered in partnership with 1st 4 Sport Qualifications (Awarding Body) and gives an externally accredited Nationally recognised qualification (regulated by Ofqual). It is also the only Nationally Recognised Qualification for the sport of Bowls in England and is wholly supported by Bowls England and EIBA Ltd.
The qualification will support coaches to effectively PLAN and DELIVER series of structured sessions to bowlers from beginner stages through to competitive club players. It puts the bowler at the centre of all developments and concentrates not just on what to coach but on how to get the best from the people you are working with.
The course takes 5 days to complete in total followed by the completion of a portfolio and an assessment and costs £220. Bursaries for coaches from Bowls England and EIBA Ltd affiliated clubs are available.
The topics covered on the course are:
• Roles and Responsibilities of a Coach
• Coaching and Learning
• Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
• Equality and Diversity in Coaching Bowls
• Sports Science including Bowls Ballistics
• Warm ups, cool downs and exercises to support Bowls
• Treatment and Management of Injury
• Diet and Nutrition
• Drugs in Bowls
• Venue Risk Assessment
• Coaching Session Plans
• Bowls Technical Information
• Types of Shot
• Decision Making, Communication and Tactical Activities
Who is eligible to apply?
• Any current Level 1 or above coach from all current accreditation schemes.
• Any Level 2 coach from another sport who also has a background in Bowls can also apply for Recognition of Prior Learning to be eligible.
For more information or to book your place on a course please visit https://coachbowls.azolve.com/EventBrowser.htm or contact the Coach Bowls on 01926 334609 or